LIVESTRONG at the YMCA®
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA® is a free program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who have become de-conditioned and fatigued from their treatment.
The goals of the program include:
- Improving strength and endurance
- Increasing flexibility and day-to-day activities
- Reducing the severity of therapy side effects
- Preventing unwanted weight changes
- Improve self esteem and energy levels
Participants receive a FREE 12-week Metro membership and may use the facilities at any time. Participants may bring in a family member who can work out on their own.
Age: 18 and older
Cost: No cost for participants
Requirements: Participants must receive medical clearance and are evaluated on an individual basis. Patients currently undergoing treatment may participate, but only if they receive medical clearance. Participants can not exceed two years post treatment.
Spears & Bryan YMCA contact Lauren Marshall – 336.478.9637
Ragsdale YMCA contact Marlee Rindal – 336.882.9622